These classic peanut butter cookies are always a hit! The cookies are made with butter, brown sugar, and smooth or chunky peanut butter.
You might also like this recipe for basic peanut butter cookies with the classic ridges.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled or about 2 to 4 hours.
- Take tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls with hands. Place about 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Using a dinner fork dipped in flour, lightly press cookies, flattening and forming a criss-cross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake at 375 F until golden brown, or about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|