Brown sugar, cream, and pecans combine to produce delicious pralines that taste like pecan pie. These pralines are a Southern classic.
- 1 cup cream (heavy)
- 2 cups sugar (brown, packed)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans (halves, lightly toasted)
- Prepare a sheet tray by covering it with waxed paper.
- Combine brown sugar and cream in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved, then do not stir anymore.
- Insert candy thermometer and boil until the sugar reaches 240 degrees (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Continue to stir until mixture thickens and becomes opaque.
- Stir in all pecans, and drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared sheet tray.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature before removing from waxed paper.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)