|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The diced cucumbers make this nicely seasoned potato salad tasty and crunchy. This is a great potato salad to take along to a potluck, or use this recipe for your family cookout.
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2-inch cubes (peel if desired)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium cucumber, seeds scooped out, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dill relish or sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard or your favorite gourmet mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with salted water. Cover the pan and bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and let cool completely.
Combine potatoes, eggs, celery, cucumber, and onion in a large bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup mayonnaise, the relish, and mustard. Add more mayonnaise, as needed, to taste.
Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.