This is a classic rotisserie leg of lamb recipe with a delicious marinade that adds flavor to a classic main dish. The marinade and preparation result in a perfect, boneless lamb leg that is great for family gatherings or holiday celebrations.
- 1 boneless leg of lamb
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Cut excess fat from leg of lamb. Make six deep holes in lamb and insert one peeled clove of garlic into each hole. Set aside to allow it to reach room temperature.
- Mix other ingredients in a large glass or plastic bowl. Place boneless lamb leg into a large glass dish. Pour half of the marinade over top, making sure lamb is well coated. Reserve the other half of marinade for basting. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours, turning over every hour or so.
- Preheat grill. Place lamb on rotisserie skewer and put it on the grill. Reduce temperature to low. Cook for 2 hours, brushing with reserved marinade every half hour.
- Once lamb reaches desired doneness (between 145 F to 160 F, depending on how rare or well done you like it), remove from heat, place onto a large cutting board and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let meat rest for 5 to 7 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into thin slices. Serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|