This meaty sauce for pasta is cooked in the crock pot with ground beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and herbs, along with other seasonings.
This is a basic spaghetti sauce, perfect for a busy day meal. Just brown the ground beef and let the slow cooker do the rest.
Feel free to add some fresh herbs or crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce. Shredded carrots also make a nice addition because they add a slight sweetness. I sometimes add chopped bell peppers.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground chuck or ground round
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large can (28 ounces) tomatoes (broken up)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 ribs celery, (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf oregano (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil (crumbled)
- 1 small bay leaf
- Optional: hot cooked spaghetti, linguine, or another variety of pasta
- Garnish: parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with the chopped onion; drain off excess fat.
- Place the ground beef and onions in the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for about 3 hours.
Serve this sauce with spaghetti or another variety pasta, and pass the Parmesan cheese.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|