This is my favorite tartar sauce combination for fried shrimp or fish. If you don't have cornichons, use chopped sour pickle.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pickle (sour, finely chopped or cornichons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (grainy or a good gourmet mustard)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper (freshly ground)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Put in a container, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|