- 6 slices good quality sliced white bread*
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the broiler (500 F or High) and position the top rack about 6 inches from the broiler heat source.
- Arrange the bread on a large baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each slice of bread with melted butter, then sprinkle the slices lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Broil for about 1 1/2 minutes on the buttered side, or until golden brown. Flip and brown the other side for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- When the slices are cool enough to handle, trim the crusts and slice each into 2 triangles. Alternatively, you may cut the toasts in two rectangles or leave as large squares.
- Serve them as a base for chicken a la king, creamed eggs, lobster Newburg, or other creamed dishes.
*Nature's Own Butter Bread" or "Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty White Bread" are both good choices, or use your favorite full size loaf bread.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|