This tuna sandwich is a lunchbox classic. Serve it for a luncheon with a cup of soup and chips or a tossed salad.
- 1 can (approximately 7 ounces) tuna (drained and flaked)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small cucumber (optional)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices (bread or toast)
Mix the tuna with mayonnaise, celery, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, and lemon juice, adding a little more mayonnaise if not moist enough.
Peel and thinly slice cucumber.
Place a lettuce leaf on a slice of bread or toast.
Spread tuna mixture on the lettuce leaf and then top with thinly sliced cucumber.
Top with another slice of bread or toast.
You Might Also Like