This delicious, intensely chocolate pie is filled with a homemade dark cocoa pudding then topped with homemade whipped cream.
- 9-inch baked pastry shell (or graham cracker crumb crust)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whipped cream (sweetened, or whipped topping)
- Optional: 1 oz. chocolate shavings
- Combine cocoa, sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Gradually blend in milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until filling comes to a boil. Boil filling for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; blend in butter and vanilla. Pour into baked pie crust. Carefully press plastic wrap directly onto filling; cool.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours; remove plastic wrap.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|