Coconut Potato Fudge has a strong coconut flavor, a dark chocolate topping, and a creaminess that comes from...mashed potatoes?! This fudge recipe is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, as long as they aren't seasoned with savory ingredients.
- 1/2 cup potatoes (hot, cooked, mashed)
- 2 tsp butter (softened)
- 6 cups sugar (powdered, sifted)
- 2-2/3 cups coconut (flaked)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ounces chocolate (dark)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix mashed potatoes and butter in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar in batches, beating until well combined.
- Stir in the coconut, vanilla and salt. Press firmly and evenly into the baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate and the vegetable oil together in the microwave or over a double boiler. Spread the melted chocolate over the top of the fudge, and chill until the chocolate is firm. Cut into one-inch squares to serve. Store Coconut Potato Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Click Here to View All St. Patrick's Day Candy Recipes!