This easy shrimp main dish is quick and easy to prepare. Serve it with couscous and Red Pepper Bean Salad.
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 12 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/16 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¾ lb medium shrimp, rinsed and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- Simmer the shallots, white wine, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low-medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Add the cream and bring to just under a simmer.
- When the first few bubbles rise, turn the heat down very slightly and add the 12 tablespoons of butter, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly. Be sure to allow one pat of butter to melt completely before adding the next.
- Once the butter is fully incorporated, season the beurre blanc sauce with white pepper and set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, melt 5 tablespoons of butter, and then sauté shrimp, turning a few times until cooked through – about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and season the shrimp with salt. Carefully add the Cognac(it may flame) and stir thoroughly. Spoon the warm beurre blanc sauce over the hot shrimp and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||109 g|
|Saturated Fat||65 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|