Campari and beer? It may seem like an odd combination, but as Pamela Wiznitzer of Seamstress in New York City has proven, it can work. It's a fantastic mix and a nice change from the typical Campari cocktail.
Wiznitzer's Cold in the Shadows cocktail pairs the bitter aperitif with fresh lime and a little honey syrup, along with the delectable raspberry liqueur from St. George Spritis. After shaking all of that just a few times, a great California craft beer is added and the mix is served over crushed ice.
This recipe is a nice way to get your beer and aperitif in a single glass and it's a fun drink to share at casual dinners, particularly those that involve a barbecue.
- Combine all ingredients except for the IPA in a cocktail shaker.
- Whip shake (shake just a few times) and add the beer to the tin.
- Fill a highball glass with crushed ice.
- Strain the drink into the glass.
- Garnish with slices of orange and lime and a straw.
Recipe Courtesy: Campari
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|