Time Required: 3 to 5 minutes
- Place a microwave-safe paper towel in a micro dish large enough to fit a single layer of bacon slices (4 to 6 slices).
- Cover with another paper towel.
- Six slices should take about 4 to 5 minutes on high, depending on the wattage of your microwave and the thickness of the bacon.
- Start checking after the first two minutes, and continue cooking at one-minute intervals until you can judge the cooking time for the way you like it.
- Remember that foods continue to cook even after the timer goes off in a microwave, so let it rest a few minutes before you dive in to let it crisp up and avoid burns.
- Consult your microwave manual for more specific times.
- A rotating base in the microwave is highly recommended for even cooking, and most come with one built in these days.
- This method reduces curling of the bacon, resulting in flat strips.
What You Need
- Paper Towels
- Large, flat, microwave-proof dinner plate