Fresh corn is the best choice for this recipe, but frozen cooked corn can be used as well. The mayonnaise and sour cream mixture makes the perfect dressing for this easy salad.
Feel free to change the salad up with a few different ingredients. Add some cubed avocado, sliced or whole ripe pitted olives, grated carrots, or chopped fresh herbs. Red onions make a nice additions as well. Chop the onions or slice them thinly.
- 3 cups corn kernels (cooked)
- 1 cucumber (about 3/4 cup diced)
- 1 small onion (about 1/4 cup finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (small)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook the corn and drain it thoroughly.
- Peel the cucumbers; scoop out the seeds and dice.
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Chop half of the onion finely. Save the other half for another use.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Combine the corn, cucumbers, onions and tomatoes in a large bowl; toss gently.
- In another bowl, blend the sour cream with mayonnaise. Add the vinegar and seasoned salt, then add the sour cream mixture to corn mixture. Stir gently to coat the vegetables.
- Chill the corn salad thoroughly before serving.
A salad often tastes better when it has a few hours for ingredients to meld. Prepare the salad earlier in the day for the very best flavor.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|