Cornbread muffins are the perfect choice to serve with bean dishes, chili, or greens.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more or less, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Heat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and butter.
- Pour dry mixture into the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the muffins begin to brown on top.
- Creole Corn Muffins
- Whole Grain Cornbread Muffins
- Texas Sour Cream Corn Muffins
- Corn Jalapeno Muffins
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|