- 1 2-pound/475 mL boneless pork loin
- 4 cups/950 mL crumbled cornbread
- 1 cup/240 mL chicken broth
- 1/2 cup/120 mL chopped onion
- 1/4 cup/60 mL pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh sage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
In a skillet, melt butter. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender. Add sage and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt, 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper, cornbread, onion, pine nuts and egg. Stir, adding the chicken broth slowly until it becomes spreadable. The stuffing should look like stuffing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling.
Butterfly or roll cut pork loin. Spread stuffing over the pork loin and roll up. Secure with kitchen twine. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Place pork loin on grill over direct heat. Turn every two minutes until the surface of the pork loin is nice and seared. Move to indirect portion of grill and continue cooking for about 30 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. (74 degrees C.). Remove from grill and let rest for 5-7 minutes. Remove twine, slice and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|