|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 Servings (8 Portions)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||56%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Use canned or leftover corned beef in this easy corned beef casserole. We used egg noodles in the casserole, but spaghetti or similar pasta could be used as well.
This makes a nice potluck dish, and it's an excellent way to use leftover corned beef.
For more color, add 1 to 2 cups of steamed peas or mixed vegetables to the sauce before baking. If you are using canned corned beef, chill it in the refrigerator. It's much easier to dice the corned beef into uniform pieces when it's chilled.
- 8 ounces noodles
- 1 (12-ounce) can corned beef (chilled and diced, or 2 to 3 cups diced leftover corned beef)
- 1 cup/4 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese (or American cheese)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken soup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 to 2 cups peas (or mixed vegetables, steamed)
- 3/4 cup soft fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
Cook the noodles in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain well.
Combine the cooked noodles, diced corned beef, shredded cheese, condensed soup, milk, and onion.
Stir in the cooked vegetables or peas, if using.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Toss the breadcrumbs with the melted butter to coat thoroughly and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until the crumb topping is browned and the filling is hot and bubbly.