These game hens are stuffed with a savory oyster stuffing. The stuffing is a basic bread dressing with the addition of oysters and their juices.
- 4 Rock Cornish game hens
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 dozen oysters (drained and cut in halves)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 4 cups bread crumbs (herb-seasoned packaged)
- 1 cup hot water or oyster liquid
- Dash salt and pepper
- Wash Cornish game hens and pat dry.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and celery in oil; add drained oysters and cook for about 10 minutes, until edges curl. Add 2 tablespoons butter and combine with seasoned stuffing crumbs.
- Add hot oyster liquid or water to the mixture to moisten, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Rub Cornish hens inside and outside with remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff Cornish game hens with bread crumb mixture, wrap each hen in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 F for about 1 hour, then fold back foil and cook until the hen is brown.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||28 g|