These game hens are simple and tasty. They're cooked in the slow cooker with a little chicken broth and lemon pepper. Serve with hot cooked rice for a tasty meal for two.
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Dash salt and lemon pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups hot boiled rice
- Place Cornish hens in the slow cooker (brown hens in a lightly greased skillet first, if desired).
- Add chicken broth. Sprinkle the hens with salt and lemon pepper.
- Cook on LOW setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove hens and skim fat; thicken juices with a mixture of 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|