This everyday meatloaf is made with lean ground beef or ground round. Serve mashed potatoes with this meatloaf, along with sliced tomatoes or your favorite side vegetables for a delicious everyday family meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds ground round or lean ground beef (85% to 90% lean)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, celery, carrots, and water.
- Heat to boiling; cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender-crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, flour, seasoned salt, thyme, parsley, soy sauce, and the cooked vegetables.
- Mix gently and shape into a loaf in a greased, shallow baking pan (with sides).
- Bake the meatloaf at 350° for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until loaf is crusty and browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|