Cowboy cookies have it all! They're made with peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and pecans or peanuts.
These delicious cowboy cookies are the perfect addition to any lunchbox. Or, make them for your kids' school bake sale, a family potluck, a weekend treat, or for no reason at all. They are always a hit wherever they show up!
The cookies are also quite versatile. See the tips and variations for some additional ingredient ideas.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (or chips)
- 1 cup peanuts (coarsely chopped; or pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with granulated and brown sugars until creamy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture, then stir in oats, chocolate chips, and peanuts or nuts.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet
- . Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Store cookies in a tightly covered container or food storage bag.
- Replace half of the semisweet chocolate chips or chunks with candy coated chocolate pieces or peanut butter chips.
- Instead of chopped peanut or pecans, use brickle chips.
- Use raisins or craisins in the cookies instead of chocolate.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|