The sauce for this tasty crab casserole is a simple white sauce combination, seasoned with a little mayonnaise, vinegar, and dry mustard.
The crab mixture is baked in individual ramekins. The recipe makes 8 small servings, but could easily be halved.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 slice bread, torn
- 1 pound crab meat
- Melt butter; stir in flour. Add 1/2 cup milk gradually, stirring. Add salt, mustard, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; cook until thickened. Cool. Add mayonnaise to sauce.
- Moisten crumbs with remaining milk; add to crab. Mix crab mixture with sauce mixture.
- Spoon into 8 ramekins. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|