What could be more delicious than a scoop of creamy Crab Oscar on top of a sizzling steak? This steak topper is not only easy to prepare but incredibly flavorful. This will take surf and turf to a new level and is sure to impress your guests.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup/60 mL celery, finely chopped (use less or omit if preferred)
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL hot sauce (use less or omit if preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.75 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.75 mL ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL butter
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a medium pan. Add onions and cook over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes until translucent in appearance.
2. Add celery and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Next, add garlic to pan and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add remaining ingredients to vegetable mixture and warm through, about 1-2 minutes. Be sure all ingredients and well combined. Celery should have a little crunch.
Remove from heat.
4. Serve immediately over a freshly grilled steak.
5. Unused mixture should be used within 2-3 days after preparation. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator and reheat before using.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|