Ever wondered how to make Crab Rangoon? Well, if so, we've got you covered. Below we provide our favorite version of this popular Chinese appetizer that can be made in your home in just 6 simple steps.
Whether you're looking to make something different for a family gathering, or for just relaxing during the weekend and want to spruce up your snacks, this recipe is a great choice!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces crab meat (fresh or canned crab meat, drained and flaked)
- 1 teaspoon red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 green onion (finely sliced)
- 1 large clove garlic (smashed, peeled, and finely minced)
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 small bowl water
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Combine the cream cheese and crab meat in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix in the red onion, Worcestershire, soy sauce, black pepper, green onion and garlic one at a time. Combine thoroughly and set aside.
- On a flat surface, lay out a wonton wrapper in front of you so that it forms 2 triangles (not a square). Wet the edges of the won ton.
- Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the middle of the wonton and spread it out toward the left and right points of the wrapper so that it forms a log or rectangular shape (otherwise the wrapper may break in the middle during deep-frying).
- Fold over the edges of the wrapper to make another triangle. Wet the edges with water and press together to seal.
- Keep the completed crab rangoon covered with a damp towel or paper towel to keep them from drying out while preparing the remainder.
- Once you're ready to cook the Crab Rangoon, heat wok and add oil for deep-frying. When oil is ready (the temperature should be between 360 - 375 degrees), carefully slide in the Crab Rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Serve hot with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Chinese Hot Mustard.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|