This crab stuffed mushrooms recipe makes a big batch of 3 dozen, and it's easy to scale up for a larger party or event. There's no bread filler in these, just crabmeat, mayonnaise, and seasonings. It's an excellent choice if you or guests are trying to adhere to a low carb diet.
The combination of crab meat, mayonnaise, and parsley makes a simple and delicious filling for the mushroom caps, similar to crab cakes in flavor.
Keep the mushrooms warm for serving in a warming tray, slow cooker, or chafing dish. They make a fabulous appetizer for a game day party or holiday celebration. Or make them for your family to enjoy as a snack any time of the year.
- 3 dozen large whole mushrooms
- 1 can (7 1/2 ounces) crabmeat (drained, cartilage removed, flaked)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pimiento (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Optional: shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas 5).
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil. Butter the foil lightly.
- Wash mushrooms well; dry and remove stems with a sharp knife.
- Combine the crabmeat , chopped parsley, and pimiento.
- Stir together mayonnaise and dry mustard until well blended; gently stir it into crabmeat mixture.
- Fill each mushroom cap with about 2 tablespoons of crab mixture. Arrange in the prepared baking pan.
- If desired, top the mushrooms with a little shredded or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until hot.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|