F.Y.I. - Yes, these do look a little like Lace Cookies. The difference between the two is that Cracker Jack Cookies also have coconut and crisp rice cereal in them besides the rolled oats.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line or lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a stand mixer bowl, or in a regular bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time to the cream mixture, mixing in between each egg. Combine well. Mix in the vanilla. Mix until all of the wet ingredients are combined.
- While mixer is running slowly, add the flour mixture one half cup at a time. Be sure to mix well.
- Hand stir in the rolled oats, crisp rice cereal and coconut. Stir until all is combined.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake your Cracker Jack Cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place dough in the refrigerator in between batches.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container to keep them soft or a cookie jar with a loose lid for crispier cookies.
Want to freeze your cookies?
Freeze already baked cookies in an airtight container or bag. Freeze cookie dough in round teaspoonful in a resealable container. Both should keep up to 3 months and perhaps longer. After 3 months they won’t go bad, it’s just they can lose some of their flavor.
Add These Cookie to Your Cookie Jar Too:
If you love cinnamon, you’ll love these cookies. They are the perfect cookie to serve to those who have nut allergies.
You don’t have to wait for the winter holidays to make these spicy cookies. They are good all year round.
It’s amazing that I have lived in the south my entire life and I had never had these cookies. They are loaded with sesame seeds and I just love the texture.
Actually, any flavor of biscotti will do. Even though these cookies are baked twice, they are probably the easiest cookies to bake.
Just follow these simple step by step instructions.