This cranberry pork loin is easy to fix and cook in the slow cooker. Serve this tasty meal with your favorite rice dish and greens or green beans for a tasty family meal.
Whole cranberry sauce and chopped apples flavor the pork loin perfectly. Serve the pork sliced with bread or cornbread dressing or mashed potatoes, along with your family's favorite side vegetables. Corn or green beans would be excellent with the pork.
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- Place the pork loin roast in the slow cooker and rub all sides with the minced garlic.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, apple juice, and chopped apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- To thicken (optional), stir the cornstarch into 2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir until smooth. A
- Add to the liquids and stir to blend. Increase the setting to HIGH and continue cooking for about 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Slice the pork and serve it with rice or potatoes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|