Cranberry barbecue sauce is the perfect combination of tart and sweet. This sauce is perfect for the grill and smoked poultry and pork. If you are grilling a turkey, consider using this sauce to baste onto the turkey itself, or simply serve on the side.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL cranberry sauce (or cranberry jelly)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL ketchup
- 1/2 cup/120 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL orange juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL brown sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL water
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL hot sauce (use more or less to suit tastes)
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir often and watch for burning.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool completely before using. Store sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|