- 5-6 cups torn bread (brioche or rolls, about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 2 oranges (1/2 cup juice and about 2 teaspoons zest)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups half-and-half (heated until hot but not boiling)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Butter a 9-inch square or 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the torn bread, cranberries, orange zest, and juice.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vanilla, butter, half-and-half, and eggs. Pour over the bread; stir in sugar.
- Let bread soak for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into prepared baking dish; place in a larger pan and place on rack in the oven.
- Pour very hot water into the larger pan, to a depth of about ½ inch.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|