|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Vitamin C 2mg||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Call it a crantini or a cranberry martini, either way, this easy cocktail recipe is a pure delight. It's a simplified version of the famous cosmopolitan and it's a lovely complement to any meal, including a Thanksgiving feast.
The crantini requires just two ingredients. You'll begin by choosing your favorite premium vodka, then shake that with the cranberry liqueur of your choice. To finish off the drink in perfect style, use a few cranberries for the garnish. Dried cranberries can be used year-round and when the fruits are fresh you will have a wonderful little drink for the autumn season.
2 1/2 ounces vodka
1 ounce cranberry liqueur
Dried or fresh cranberries, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker or mixing glass, pour the vodka and cranberry liqueur. Fill it with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish by dropping cranberries into the glass. Serve and enjoy.
- Since this recipe is so simple, it will really show off the vodka. That's why you'll want to select a top-shelf vodka that is nice and smooth with a clean taste. Luckily, there are a ton of worthy options on the market today, so you have plenty of bottles to choose from.
- There are a few companies that make delicious cranberry liqueurs. Look for brands like Clear Creek, Leopold Brothers, and Wild Moon to get the best-tasting crantini.
- Cranberries come into season during the fall months and you can usually find them through the winter holidays. It's a perfect time to use them for garnishing or dry them for future use. You can also put the sweet little fruits to use and make your own cranberry liqueur.
- Dried cranberries are readily available at grocery stores and you might recognize them under the brand name "Craisins." They work as a substitute garnish but do not expect them to float like fresh cranberries.
- Since cranberry is not one of the most common liqueurs and can be hard to find at times, you can also use cranberry juice as a substitute.
- If you go the juice route, you may want to add a little simple syrup to this cocktail. Begin with 1/4 ounce and give the drink a taste to see what you think. You can always add more next time you mix it up.
How Strong Is a Crantini?
The crantini is going to be a potent little cocktail. With the average vodka and Leopold Bros. New England Cranberry, it mixes up to 30 percent ABV (60 proof), one of the strongest vodka martinis you'll find. With the juice option, the strength is knocked down to 25 percent ABV (50 proof), which is as strong as the average cosmo. Either way, it's probably best to limit yourself to just one crantini.