Drop cookies are one of the easiest cookies to prepare and bake. No shaping, chilling, pressing, or rolling. Just mix, drop them on the baking sheet, and bake.
These easy cream cheese drop cookies are flavored with vanilla, coconut, and candied cherries.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 teaspoon (scant) salt**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut*
- 48 pecan halves or halved candied cherries
- Heat the oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add egg and milk; beat well.
- Stir in the flour and toasted coconut.
- Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, drop the cookie batter from onto the prepared baking sheet then press a pecan half or cherry half into the top of each one.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until you can see that the bottoms have browned.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
*How to Toast Coconut: Set a dry skillet over medium heat and add the coconut. Cook, stirring and shaking the pan, for about 5 minutes, or until the coconut is nicely browned and aromatic.
**If using salted butter, use 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract and omit the vanilla extract. Top with the cherry halves or whole almonds.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||85 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|