|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Dozen (48 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 85g||108%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||52%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||38%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Drop cookies are one of the easiest cookies to prepare and bake. No shaping, chilling, pressing, or rolling. Just mix, drop them on the baking sheet, and bake.
These easy cream cheese drop cookies are flavored with vanilla, coconut, and candied cherries.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (1/4 teaspoon if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 48 pecan halves or halved candied cherries
Heat the oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla.
Add egg and milk; beat well.
Stir in the flour and toasted coconut.
Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, drop the cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheet then press a pecan half or cherry half into the top of each one.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until you can see that the bottoms have browned.
Remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- How to Toast Coconut: Set a dry skillet over medium heat and add the coconut. Cook, stirring and shaking the pan, for about 5 minutes, or until the coconut is nicely browned and aromatic.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and omit the vanilla extract. Top with cherry halves or whole almonds.