|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
If you like cream cheese frosting, you will love this recipe for cream cheese fudge! It has the pure taste of tangy cream cheese, enlivened with a hint of lemon and the toasty aroma of walnuts.
This fudge sets in the refrigerator, but it never gets fully ‘hard’ like some traditional fudges. You will want to store it and serve it straight from the refrigerator. The end result is a wonderfully creamy, smooth, and soft square of fudge.
- 4 oz. white chocolate (finely chopped or white chocolate chips)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 oz./1/4 cup butter (unsalted, at room temperature)
- 22 oz./5 1/2 cups sugar (powdered)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 medium lemon (for zest)
- 1.5 cups walnuts (toasted, chopped; pecans can be substituted)
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the chopped white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Let cool until the chocolate is room temperature but still fluid.
3. Place the room temperature cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Alternately, you can use a hand mixer. Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
4. Stop the mixer and add the powdered sugar, lemon zest, salt and vanilla. Mix on low speed until the powdered sugar is incorporated, then turn to medium speed and mix until light and silky-smooth. Add the melted white chocolate and mix until well-incorporated. Finally, stir in the nuts by hand until they are evenly distributed.
5. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
6. Place in the refrigerator and chill until set, 4 hours or overnight. Cut the fudge into small squares and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Squares of fudge can be placed in individual candy cups for easier storage and serving.