Cream cheese peanut butter bBalls are easy truffles made with cream cheese and peanut butter and covered in melted chocolate. Try adding chopped peanuts to the filling if you like a little crunch!
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 - 4.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cups peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. chocolate candy coating
- Optional: 24 whole peanut halves (for decoration)
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, 4 cups powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix the candy on medium speed for several minutes until the mixture is well-combined and homogenous. If the dough appears to be too sticky, add the remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix until it is somewhat stiff but still pliable and not dry.
- Using a teaspoon or a candy scoop, for the candy into small balls (about 1 inch in diameter or less) and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the candy in the freezer or refrigerator to chill until set, about 20 minutes in the freezer or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Once you are ready to dip the balls, place the chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate using dipping tools or two forks.
- Return the dipped balls to the baking sheet, and while the chocolate is still wet, top each ball with a peanut half. Repeat with remaining candy.
- Place the dipped candies in the refrigerator to set the chocolate. Store the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|