- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons cream (heavy, whipped)
- 1 egg white (lightly whisked)
- Prepare your work surface by dusting it with powdered sugar.
- In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cream of tartar.
- Stir in the cream and egg white until fully combined. The texture of the fondant should be firm but workable.
- Dust your rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll the fondant out until it is about half and inch thick. It can then be cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutters dipped in powdered sugar.
Note: If you would like to add flavorings, add 1 tsp of your desired extract or flavoring oil when you add the cream and egg white. If you would like to add colors, knead a few drops of liquid food coloring into the fondant after all the ingredients have been combined.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|