- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mixed (portabella, oyster, shiitake, cremini, enoki, etc.), sliced thick
- 1/2 medium sweet onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cream, half-and-half, or milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely grated Cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
In a heavy saucepan, gently saute mushrooms, sweet onions, garlic, and salt in the butter until mushrooms have released their liquid and onions are soft.
Sprinkle with the flour and stir for 1 minute. Add chicken broth while stirring. Bring to a low boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream and nutmeg, and return to a simmer. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||58 g|
|Saturated Fat||33 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|