The creamed lobster is nicely flavored with a little Creole or Cajun seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
Serve this delicious creamed lobster on baked pastry shells or toasted English muffins along with a tossed salad for a fabulous meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sweet red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 rib celery (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning or another seasoned salt blend
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups lobster meat (diced, cooked)
- Optional: salt and black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh shredded, plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (fresh chopped, plus more for garnish, optional)
- 4 to 6 baked puff pastry shells or toasted English muffins
Heat butter over medium heat; add sliced green onion, bell pepper, and celery. Sauté, stirring until celery is tender.
Stir in flour until blended; add Creole seasoning.
Stir in milk and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
Add lobster and salt and pepper, to taste. Heat through; stir in parsley, if using.
Spoon the creamed lobster mixture into hot baked puff pastry shells or over toasted English muffins and garnish with a little more Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.