These tasty creamed peas with eggs are delicious on toast or serve them along with a fish main dish or salmon croquettes. The peas would be good over toasted English muffins or split biscuits as well.
It's a delicious way to use leftover hard-boiled eggs.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: dash ground mustard
- 1 cup light cream or whole milk
- 3 hard-cooked eggs (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas (cooked)
Gather the ingredients.
Melt butter in a small, heavy saucepan.
Add the flour, salt, pepper, and ground mustard, if using. Cook, constantly stirring, for 2 minutes.
Gradually add the cream or milk. Stir until smooth. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
Add the chopped eggs and peas and heat through.