These tasty creamed peas with eggs are delicious on toast or serve them along with a fish main dish or salmon croquettes. The peas would be good over toasted English muffins or split biscuits as well.
It's a delicious way to use leftover hard-boiled eggs.
Related: Cooking and Using Hard Cooked Eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- dash ground mustard, optional
- 1 cup light cream or whole milk
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Melt butter in a small, heavy saucepan.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, and ground mustard, if using.
- Cook, constantly stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the cream or milk. Stir until smooth. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped eggs and peas and heat through.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|