This is a baked crab dip made with cream cheese, crabmeat, and seasonings. It's very easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. Drain the crab meat thoroughly before you combine it with the cream cheese.
Serve this crab dip hot with crackers, bagel chips, or vegetable sticks.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat (well-drained)
- 2 tablespoons onion (grated)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash paprika
- Garnish: 1 tablespoon green onions (finely sliced) or parsley (fresh chopped)
Heat the oven to 375 F.
In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, crabmeat, onion, milk, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to blend thoroughly.
Place mixture in an ovenproof serving dish; sprinkle the top with a little paprika.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Garnish with sliced green onions or fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Makes about 2 cups.