Boursin cheese makes a quick and easy sauce for fresh spinach. Make this dish for a weekend meal or special holiday dinner, and garnish with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 10 to 12 ounces baby spinach (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 container (4.4 ounces) light boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 tablespoon grated nutmeg
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter over medium heat. When onion is softened, add the rinsed spinach. Cook, stirring until spinach has wilted.
Stir in the Boursin cheese, nutmeg, and pepper until cheese is melted.
Serve garnished with a little shredded Parmesan.
You Might Also Like