This simple creamy broccoli pasta recipe makes an excellent everyday meal with a tossed salad, or serve it as a side dish with grilled meat, chicken, or fish and sliced tomatoes. Dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
A combination of fresh grated Parmesan cheese with butter and heavy cream make the pesto-like broccoli sauce rich and incredibly delicious. It is a dish you'll make again and again!
If you don't have fresh basil, use about 1 teaspoon of dried leaf basil. You might also like this recipe with a clove or two of garlic.
If you don't have fresh broccoli, use 12 to 16 ounces of frozen broccoli florets. Steam the broccoli on the stovetop or in the microwave oven following the package directions.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 bunch cooked broccoli florets, drained, or about 4 cups of florets*
- 5 medium fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Put the broccoli florets in a saucepan with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover the pan, and steam until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Alternatively, put the broccoli florets in a steamer basket over simmering water and steam for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Put the drained broccoli in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the basil, butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. Pulse to puree the mixture. Leave it a little chunky or puree it until it's smooth.
- Taste the broccoli mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it following the package recommendations. Drain well.
- In a bowl combine the hot drained pasta with the broccoli mixture. Stir to combine thoroughly. Serve hot as a side dish or main dish. Offer extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|