This creamy butternut squash soup recipe is a delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors. This is a true celebration of fall flavors into one delicious soup. Tart Granny smith apples and savory butternut squash combine with coconut milk and a hint of cinnamon for a creamy butternut squash soup the kids will love!
Don't Miss: Vegetable Soup Recipes for Kids
- 2 10 oz. packages butternut squash or 1 large butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional: apple chips for garnish
- Cut butternut squash into 1-inch pieces (the pre-peeled and diced butternut squash usually comes in larger, uneven chunks).
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add apples, onion and butternut squash.
- Saute 10 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, salt, sage and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until sqush and apples are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth. Or, if you don't have an immersion blender, let soup cool and puree in batches in a blender.
- Serve warm, garnished with apple chips.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|