This creamy soup is made with fresh cauliflower, milk, and a little sour cream or yogurt.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes (crushed, or use chicken bouillon or granules)
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Garnish: parmesan cheese
- Trim cauliflower and break up into florets; cover with water and steam until very tender.
- While cauliflower is steaming, sauté onion in the butter until softened. Add flour to butter and onion and cook for a few minutes, stirring to blend flour into butter. Slowly add 3 cups of milk, the sour cream or yogurt, and stir or whisk until thickened.
- Drain cauliflower and blend in a food processor with the crushed bouillon cubes or granules until smooth. If desired, process the milk mixture for a smoother texture. Add pureed cauliflower to thickened milk mixture and stir well. Heat through.
- Garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve with Parmesan cheese.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)