|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||79%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||24%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This creamy soup is made with fresh cauliflower, milk, and a little sour cream or yogurt.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes (crushed, or use chicken bouillon or granules)
- Kosher salt (to taste, as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley, chives, or dill
Gather the ingredients.
Trim the cauliflower and break it up into florets. Add about 1 inch of water to large saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Place a steaming basket in the pan and add the cauliflower. Cover the pan and steam the cauliflower for about 6 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Gradually stir the milk into the flour and butter mixture and continue to cook until thickened. Stir in the sour cream and remove from the heat.
Combine the drained cauliflower, bouillon cubes, and milk mixture. Blend in batches until smooth. If you want more texture in the soup, reserve some of the cauliflower mixture; mash it coarsely and add it to the blended mixture. Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
Garnish servings with the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, chives, or dill.
- Add some crunch to the soup with homemade croutons. Cut a few slices of bread into cubes and spread it out on a baking sheet. Toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil and a dash of salt. Bake in a preheated 325 F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned, turning and tossing every 10 minutes.