This is a creamy chicken a la king recipe with a savory sauce of butter, cream and chicken broth, along with mushrooms, green bell pepper, and other ingredients.
Serve the creamy chicken on toast or in puff pastry shells (vol-au-vent), or serve over rice.
- Sauté mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Stir in chicken; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add chicken broth and continue cooking and stirring until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Add chicken and sauteed vegetables to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a saucepan, heat cream until hot then quickly stir into the beaten egg yolks. Add egg yolk mixture to the chicken mixture and heat thoroughly over low heat, but do not boil.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|