- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves (pounded or sliced, about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup
- chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup
- heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in the flour to lightly coat both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil. Add the chicken and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Turn and add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes longer, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
- Add the Marsala wine, chicken broth, and lemon and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer.
- Add the basil, cream, and green onions and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken Marsala with hot cooked spaghetti, linguine, or rice.
Tips and Variations
- If you like a sweeter sauce, use sweet Marsala wine.
- Add sliced grape tomatoes about 5 minutes before the dish is done.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)