|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This is a creamy chicken Marsala is made with a simple Marsala wine and cream sauce. It makes an easy and delicious meal with rice or noodles.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves (pounded or sliced, about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in the flour to lightly coat both sides.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil. Add the chicken and saute for about 2 minutes.
Turn and add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes longer, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
Add the Marsala wine, chicken broth, and lemon and bring to a simmer.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer.
Add the basil, cream, and green onions and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Serve chicken Marsala with hot cooked spaghetti, linguine, or rice.
Tips and Variations
If you like a sweeter sauce, use sweet Marsala wine.
Add sliced grape tomatoes about 5 minutes before the dish is done.