|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a creamy chicken Marsala gives simple chicken breasts a rich and delicious finish. It makes an easy and delicious meal with rice or noodles. Or serve it with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles for a low carb offering.
The sauce is versatile as well. Add 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to the sauce just before it's done, or add some reconstituted sundried tomatoes or halved grape tomatoes to the dish. Roasted red peppers are another good option for color.
This is a rich and creamy alternative to the easy classic chicken Marsala.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast halves (pounded or sliced; about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness)
- Dash of kosher salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (dry)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (preferably unsalted or low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in the flour to lightly coat both sides.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil. Add the chicken and saute for about 2 minutes.
Turn and add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes longer, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
Add the Marsala wine, chicken broth, and lemon and bring to a simmer.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer.
Add the basil, cream, and green onions and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Serve chicken Marsala with hot cooked spaghetti, linguine, or rice.
- If you like a sweeter sauce, use sweet Marsala wine in the dish.
- A garnish of shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley makes an attractive presentation.
- Add sliced grape tomatoes about 5 minutes before the dish is done.