- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate (3 ounces)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook milk with chocolate, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and milk begins to bubble around the sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir the remaining 1/3 cup of milk into the sugar mixture. Add the sugar mixture to the hot milk and chocolate mixture and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened and smoothed. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly, stir in vanilla, and pour into serving dishes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|