Try this delicious homemade chocolate pudding next time the kids are asking for dessert or you're in the mood for something a little sweet. Top this tasty chocolate pudding with a dollop of whipped cream for a wonderful everyday dessert.
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate (3 ounces)
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook milk with chocolate, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and milk begins to bubble around the sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir the remaining 1/3 cup of milk into the sugar mixture.
- Add the sugar mixture to the hot milk and chocolate mixture and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened and smoothed. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly, stir in vanilla, and pour into serving dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|