|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A refreshing and creamy coleslaw that works well on pulled pork sandwiches or served as a side dish.
- 1 green cabbage, shredded
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) ketchup
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 mL) cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper, ground
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes before pouring over vegetables. Mix well, cover bowl, and place slaw into the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours before serving.