|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 48g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||35%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This potato salad recipe is a well-seasoned and colorful mixture of vegetables, dressed with a flavorful mayonnaise dressing. A touch of pickle relish and Dijon mustard flavor the dressing, and fresh dill or parsley may be added as a garnish.
This salad is a nice choice for summer events or cookouts.
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed and cooked (3 to 4 cups)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded carrot (about 1/2 carrot)
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green or yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onions (chopped)
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish or sweet pickles (chopped with a little juice)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of fresh dill and/or parsley, to taste
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- Leaves from 1 head of lettuce
In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, hard cooked eggs, carrot, peas, bell peppers, celery, and onions.
In another smaller bowl combine the heavy cream, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, relish, and mustard. Add the dressing to the potato mixture and toss gently to combine. Taste and add more mayonnaise if desired, along with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in parsley and dill, if desired.
Arrange lettuce and tomato slices on a platter or individual plates and top with the prepared potato salad.
Use a 10-ounce package of frozen peas and carrots, lightly steamed, in place of the shredded carrot and frozen peas.
You Might Also Like