This creamy lima bean soup recipe makes a delicious first course or lunch soup. A lima bean soup made with baby lima beans, curry powder, chicken broth, and cream, along with basil and green onions. A swirl of pureed roasted red pepper or sour cream makes this tasty soup look extra-special. Looking for even more ways to enjoy lima beans?
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or cream
- Optional: pureed roasted red pepper or sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, lima beans, green onion, butter, curry powder, and basil. Bring to the boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool the soup mixture slightly, then puree in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in milk or cream and heat through.
- Swirl a small amount of pureed roasted red pepper or sour cream in the soup just before serving, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|