This rich and spicy Creamy Mexican Crockpot Chicken recipe is true Mexican comfort food. The combination of textures and flavors in this wonderful recipe is perfect. And it's so easy to make.
This is a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey or even pork. You can serve this one-dish meal with a side of rice, or black beans, or even use it as a filling for tortillas.
If you like food milder, you can choose a mild salsa, reduce the chili powder, and increase the cheese. This recipe is very versatile.
Serve with Cotija Flatbreads and a cool fruit salad for a nice contrast to this warm, spicy, and luscious dish.
- 1 (10 ounce can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup green or red salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cojack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray inside of crockpot liner with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix soups, salsa, sour cream, and chili powder.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in small saucepan over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add to soup mixture in the bowl along with chopped cooked chicken or turkey.
- Layer tortillas and soup mixture in crockpot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours until bubbly.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with cheese, cover and let stand until cheese melts. Top with cilantro and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|