Creamy Pesto Meatballs is an easy main dish recipe using pesto sauce and Alfredo sauce. This recipe is rich and delicious and so easy to make.
You can add other vegetables too, like sliced or shredded carrots, green peas, (add with the pesto) or other colors of bell peppers. Use frozen precooked meatballs purchased at the store, or make your own meatballs.
Serve this wonderful recipe with hot cooked rice or pasta to soak up the wonderful sauce. Add a green salad tossed with sliced mushrooms and avocados to complete the meal.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen precooked meatballs
- 1 (20-ounce) bottle Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (9-ounce) jar pesto sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- In 3-1/2 quart slow cooker, combine the onion, garlic, and the green bell pepper. Top with the meatballs. Pour the Alfredo sauce over all.
- Then pour the milk into the Alfredo sauce jar; tighten lid and shake well. Pour this mixture into the crockpot.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the meatballs are hot and tender and the vegetables are tender. If you have a new hot crockpot, cook on low for 4-1/2 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the pesto sauce and cheese. Cover again and cook on low for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the cheese is melted. Serve the meatball mixture over hot cooked rice.